Thursday, June 30, 2011

Resort 2012 - Stella McCartney


The last Resort 2012 collection I'm featuring is Stella McCartney, as her white-washed tropical prints in mirrored prints just HAD to be talked about! Keep your eyes open for these two key trends that are going on and will be trickling down the pipe even more: tropical themes and mirrored prints.


I remember when mirrored prints were being used as an 'easy way' to put artwork into repeat or by those who hadn't yet mastered the allover repeat in their pattern designing. Now, however, mirrored prints are on trend, making a statement and being created in a very controlled and meaningful way. This technique is being used in allover prints and in placement designs. It brings beauty and a calming symmetry to the design, and makes it better than it would have been originally. I feel it makes the artwork more captivating when done right. What do you think?

I hope showcasing the Resort 2012 collection has been inspiring to you! Fashion definitely has an influence on me and my work. It just makes my heart skip a beat when I look at the collections. Sigh. I just love looking at beauty, color, and fresh, forward thinking. It's one of the things that really moves me and inspires me.

What inspires you?

1 comment:

Hi there - I'd love to hear from you! What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails