Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fall Fashion Inspiration: J. CREW


My goodness! I was perusing online and stumbled across J. Crew's new Women's Fall Lookbook and just HAD to share the gorgeous photos and beautiful fashion with you! Jenna Lyons is J.Crew's creative director and has taken women's wardrobes by storm with her classy clash of feminine and masculine, dressy and casual looks that look oh-so-modern.

{LOVE the mix of neutral shades (and the hot magenta lip!)}

Here's what I'm LOVING about the fall fashion in these photo's:

1. The return of the sock! I have to say, smirk as you'd like, but I think these slouchy socks mixed with open-toed shoes are absolutely fabulous! Great way to bring layering from your head to your toes.

{LOVE these key fall pieces: Tweed pant, leather jacket, stand-out skirt, cape, fedora, army green color & booties}

{LOVE the longer cardigan peeking out from the jacket and the fingerless gloves}

2. The short for fall. Wear the short with thick tights or thigh-highs and treat it like a mini skirt, for a masculine meets feminine feel. This look was all over the fall runways as well. I can see myself combining opaque tights with thigh-high socks and over the knee boots for a really layered look that's extra cozy & warm.


3. Layers of Texture! Tweed, fur, fabrics with shine, marled sweaters, leather, denim...& accessories with bling to dress it up!

4. Mixing of Lengths. Loving the mix of long sleeves under shorter sleeved tops & jackets. Shorts with thigh-high socks. Socks with open-toed shoes. Talk about trans-seasonal dressing!



To be honest, I'm not much of a J.CREW shopper, because the fit isn't my cup of tea and I'm not one to own khaki pants and button down shirts. However, I see the absolute BEAUTY in this stylish dressing, and I'll for sure be taking key ideas and incorporating them into my own style.

These pics make me SOooo happy to welcome fall! You??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there - I'd love to hear from you! What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails