Friday, August 10, 2012

Hope Chest Photo Shoot- Creating my Cross Stitch Roses Backdrop

 

As I'm waiting for my Hope Chest photo's I thought I'd go ahead and share with you a little 'video' I made of me painting my Cross Stitch Roses backdrop for my photo shoot. I posted on Facebook and Twitter, a little sneak peak of the backdrop, and today is the big reveal!

This backdrop I painted is based off of my new fabric "Cross Stitch Roses" which is a part of my Hope Chest fabric collection with Blend Fabrics. The 'video' is made up of photos I took while I was creating the backdrop, so you can see it being built little by little. I've never made a video before, so I'm crossing my fingers that this works. Do let me know if it doesn't (and send any tips my way) and I'll try to fix it! ; )

{Close-up of my Cross Stitch Roses painted backdrop}

I'm also including some photos of the backdrop I painted here too. I absolutely love how vibrant the colors turned out, and I can't WAIT to see the photo's from my Hope Chest photo shoot to see how it turned out there.

{Photo of my Cross Stitch Roses backdrop from my upstairs window}

I had an absolute blast creating this. It took me about 5 hours to do. I first took my 'Cross Stitch Roses' artwork, and sized one of my motifs in Illustrator so I knew what size I needed to make my stamps. To create my stamps, I cut out 'x' shapes from foam and then glued them to pieces of foam core. I then used craft paint in a variety of colors to stamp the design out onto a huge 10' x 10' cutting of muslin fabric that I laid out on my back patio (of course with a painting backdrop underneath so it wouldn't go through onto the patio!). I also used a gardeners kneeling pad for my knees in order to keep the experience from being painful.

{Me with my creation}

I hope you enjoy seeing a little part of the process and getting a glimpse into a little bit of the behind the scenes prep for my Hope Chest photo shoot. I absolutely can't wait to see the photo's and share them with you too. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll have them and be able to share. Thanks so much for watching my little video! 

6 comments:

  1. that is amazing!!!!!! i love that you painted the cross stitch. such a smart idea. i hope you treated yourself to some ice cream after finishing that task!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laura!! Actually, I think I did treat myself to some yummy ice cream! ; )

      Delete
  2. Oh, the backdrop is just gorgeous! And I thikn that is my favorite print too. I hope you do something fun with that backdrop after and don't just fold it up and put it away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! So great to hear that this is your favorite print too! Yes, I think I'm going to use it for a curtain, or as a wall hanging in my studio! The bright colors are sure to keep me happy in the winter : )

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome! I love that you did this whole cross stitch look with a stamp. So creative!
    -Ashley Cooper

    www.design-parlor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there - I'd love to hear from you! What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails