Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Book Review: Decorate


I have finally got my hands on the long awaited book 'Decorate' by Holly Becker, founder of the Decor8 blog, and Joanna Copestick. It's a highly enjoyable visual feast! One of the many wonderful things about this book is that instead of focusing on one decorating style, they have concentrated on ideas that offer fresh insight on how you can transform your home.





Another of my fave's about this book is the area devoted to 'Setting Your Style', which offers ideas for 8 different decorating styles: Simple, Natural, Modern, Flea Market, Colorful, Floral, Eclectic & Modern Glamour Style. I myself think my decorating style is a cross between 'Modern Glamour', 'Eclectic' and 'Natural'. I love color theme's, pattern, lush fabrics & textures mixed with natural elements such as woods & metals. If you have the book - which style(s) fit your decorating style?




There are 4 sections to this book:

SECTION 1: SPACE MATTERS
From Using your Space to Linking your spaces

SECTION 2: SETTING YOUR STYLE
Simple, Natural, Modern, Flea Market, Colorful, Floral, Eclectic & Modern Glamour Style

SECTION 3: ROOM BY ROOM
Covering Kitchesn, Bedrooms, Bathrooms to kids rooms & creative spaces

SECTION 4: ATTENTION TO DETAIL
From mirrors and lighting to pillows and table settings


Over all, the book is chocked-full of beautiful photo's of so many different homes - it's a book that integrates eye candy with advice & ideas in a way that makes you want to look through it time and time again. If you love decorating, I'm pretty sure this book will be right up your alley!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there - I'd love to hear from you! What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails