Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Uppercase Magazine Feature!


I received my Uppercase magazine, Issue 15 in the mail a few weeks ago, and things have been so busy that it's just been sitting on my table waiting for me to dive into it. I finally decided to take a delicious minute and indulge myself by soaking up the creativity of this issue. And as I was working my way through the magazine, I came across my work featured in it! I shouted 'What?!' out-loud and freaking out my husband(which is always awesome). What an awesome surprise!! {Thank you Uppercase!!}

The feature was about their theme 'Pixel Perfect' which showcases multiple artist's interpretation of artwork created with pixels or small elements to create a larger cohesive piece. My feature is on my 'Cross Stitch Roses' artwork (which is currently on fabric, in my Hope Chest collection) and the 10'x10' backdrop of this artwork that I painted. I talk about what inspired this artwork and my thought process behind it. 


I'm a HUGE fan of Janine Vangool's Uppercase Magazine. I discovered it during one of my many visits to Anthropologie - plopped myself down on their beautiful couches and flipped through it. I was taken aback by the fabulous, matte paper, the gorgeous design of the magazine and the quality of the artists featured, and have been hooked ever since. I even went online and ordered some back issues and the Dottie Angel book {which is a beautiful MUST for your bookcase!}. And then I subscribed which means I get guaranteed happiness in my mailbox 4 times a year.

If you haven't heard of Uppercase, here's an explanation from their website:
UPPERCASE publishes books and magazines for the creative and curious: products that spark the imagination and inspire creativity. Our eponymous magazine, now in its fourth year, is loved by readers around the world and has been recognized for its design excellence. Our books profile up-and-coming artists or explore emerging trends in design and creativity.

On a side note - I highly recommend you subscribe! It's $80 a year for 4 beautiful and inspiring issues - which I understand is a lot of dough for a magazine subscription. For me, I really wanted to be a part of supporting an independent magazine who is putting out gorgeous and relevant content, inspiring me in my creative work, promoting artists and creativity - and when it comes from a creator who is living her calling in life, it's just icing on the cake.

Thanks Uppercase for the feature!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there - I'd love to hear from you! What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails