Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Spring Quilt Market 2012: Kansas City, Missouri

{My Hope Chest section at the Anna Griffin & Blend Fabrics booth}

Wow! What a whirlwind of awesomeness I just came out of! Quilt Market in Kansas City, MO and then straight to NYC for Surtex! After a few days of sleeping in, unpacking suitcases and boxes (and a little weekend getaway at a local resort thanks to my husband), I am finally fully functioning. It's amazing how 2 weeks out of my element while doing things I really enjoy can be so exhausting.


This was the first time I'd ever attended Quilt Market. I've wanted to go for such a long time! I was extra excited to attend this year because I got to meet the fabulous Blend Fabrics team in person as well as because I spent 2 years at Hallmark Cards in Kansas City and have a lot of friends still there that I had the chance to catch-up with. So I added on a few days, brought my husband with me, and we made a little vacation out of it too! = BEST decision ever!

 {My Hope Chest section at the Anna Griffin & Blend Fabrics booth}

The Anna Griffin & Blend Fabrics booth was absolutely spectacular. The large columns, lights, clear designer chairs and soft color of the walls and carpet just made this booth glow! Completely gorgeous!

 {Esperer quilt in Hope Chest, Heirloom Combo by Metropolitan Quilt}

In addition to seeing my Hope Chest fabric collection draped across a ladder that stretched up the walls, I also got to see it made up in 2 fabulous and beautiful large quilts! Each quilt is made up of one colorway of Hope Chest and both of the quilts were made by Metropolitan Quilt. This 'Esperer' Quilt is made up in my 'Heirloom' color combo. I just love the hits of the rusty red in my Cross Stitch Roses fabric!

 {'Stripe Soiree' quilt in Hope Chest, Bliss Combo by Metropolitan Quilt}

The next quilt is called 'Stripe Soiree' which is based off my 'Stripe Soiree' fabric and created in my 'Bliss' color combo. You can download this quilt pattern for free on the Blend Fabrics website! Didn't Metropolitan Quilt do an amazing job!! WOW! LOVE!!

 {Anna Griffin and I at the Anna Griffin & Blend Fabrics booth at Quilt Market}


Thanks so much for all of you who stopped by to say 'hello' and to check out the beautiful fabric collections at Anna Griffin and Blend Fabrics! I had such a great time meeting each and every one of you as well as the fabulous team at Blend! And I must say I was extra-super excited to meet the fabulous Anna Griffin herself. What an amazing woman!


Next up, I'll be sewing away to prepare for my Hope Chest photo shoot! I'm SO EXCITED for this one and can't wait to have it and share it with you! There's some fun things cooking up...stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there - I'd love to hear from you! What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails