Monday, January 5, 2009

Hot Blossom Arrives at My Doorstep!

A few months ago a big box of my yummy fabrics showed up at my doorstep! I was super excited, so I opened the box and pulled the fabrics out. Here's a fun pic of them all stacked up, fresh from the box! This was my first time seeing these prints in fabric yardage, so the next thing I did was break them up into colorways so I could start playing with print & color combinations.


But first, I think the coolest thing for me was seeing my name on the selvedge of the fabric - it made me realize that this is really happening. I've been designing artwork for clothing for many years now, so I've seen my artwork on fabric before. However, when you're working for a company with a brand, you need to be able to create a variety of styles to best represent them. What's so fun for me this time is that it's so fulfilling to see my own style and what I love being printed on fabric - and to have the ability to take that fabric and make fun things out of it!

So, here are the fun colorways! These fabrics come in 3 different ones: Spring - aqua, green & brown combo, Sunset -hot pink, orange & black combo, and Fiesta - aqua, orange & brown combo.

These colorways are fun to see because they are a collaboration between Robert Kaufman Fabrics and I. It's a great experience because we're bringing together my color eye from the fashion industry along with their incredible eye with the quilting, sewing, crafting industry - and smooshing them together to come up with something that's a great combination. Since my background is in fashion, I really wanted to create a collection that people would want to wear. Which is why brown and black are such grounding colors in the collections. My hope is that you'll be able to make something cute out of these fabrics, then throw an outfit together, and feel unique but mainstream. Once they come out, and you start playing with them, please show me what you make!! And even better yet, what you're wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there - I'd love to hear from you! What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails